MENU

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Op-shop fun

Here are some bits and pieces that have found their way into our home over the last few months.

The day of me purchasing my own life size caravan is getting closer but until then my collection of old toy vans continues to grow.  This little van was an Ebay purchase.  It is a bit rough but has plenty of character…I think my life size van may be in a similar condition when it finally comes into my life!              


Mum recently gave me this beautiful Carlton Ware plate for my birthday.  I love the retro style and soft colours.  I was thrilled to get a pre-loved gift; it is great recycling and makes me reflect on who may have owned it before me.  Thanks Mum x


On a recent trip to Adelaide we purchased this little enamel scoop from Antique Market.    This place is a must for anyone who is even vaguely interested in old things.  Put aside plenty of time because you can get lost in this shop for hours.


These little teapots came from our local Lifeline for next to nothing.  With a good scrub they are now almost like new.  I have a project in the pipeline for them, more on that later.



Have you found any treasure lately?

For more fun vintage finds link up with Sophie at Her Library Adventures.  

13 comments :

  1. I posted mine today too at Her Library Adventures. I love your vintage scoop! The little Brown Betty teapot is one like I used to have. It kept the tea nice and hot because it was heavy pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All such fun pieces, Jane. Hope you enjoyed a happy Easter camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all so lovely, but my fave is the wee van. Oh how I'd love a real one.

      Delete
  3. That little Caravan is so CUTE! Do you have a collection of them? Love op-shopping, we have a huge Salvos near our house that I should revisit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little van is amazing. I love it v.much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for dropping in...yes Mel I have a little collection of toy caravans, but they must be old and a bit weathered :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i seem to be having trouble leaving a comment jane..i've tried twice and the messages disappear..

    what i've been trying to say is that i love all your finds especially that dear little caravan..i'd love to see a photo of the collection..

    ReplyDelete
  7. by the way jane i've linked you to an op shop post..jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, you are very kind :)

      Delete
  8. Great finds Jane! Love the enamel scoop and I am dreaming of a caravan too one day. Just to do up and park in the garden! The camp fire cooking looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Especially the scoop! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome. I will try to reply to all comments eventually because I love the conversation! Jane