MENU

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Crafty Sunday


Yesterday I finally managed to get a little festive spirit into our house.  For me Christmas is all about the food and I love getting inspired by my collection of both old and new Christmas magazines and cookbooks. 
  

The morning started with a big batch of mini gingerbread men to give as gifts to family and friends.  These mini men always make me smile but they are rather time consuming!




 From the baking we moved onto a home-made advent calendar partly inspired by Cathie and her beautiful blog Melbourne Epicure .  Annabelle decorated some of the boxes until she became more interested in filling them with the tiny treats.  I had a little play with the textas to finish the project and this was our result.



Are you doing any Christmas crafts yet?

4 comments :

  1. jane ... you are an inspiration!! must hasten away and get cracking.. there are grand children who should be admiring a tree... and MY advent calendar( which I made about 6 yrs ago!)its is still in the cupboard:(
    love those ginger bread men ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jane...I must hurry up my baking. Not as intricate as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love little gingerbread they are such a sweet little bite sized gift of love!
    your advent calendar is great!
    Thank you so much for the sweet shout out ♥

    hope you are having a wonderful week & I wonder what the calendar treat for today was ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, love a good gingerbread man and yours look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome. I will try to reply to all comments eventually because I love the conversation! Jane